Tid Bits on Coffee
- Caffeine acts like a stimulant by activating your fight and flight response. This is done by the blockage of an inhibitory neurotransmitter. When this occurs it releases adrenaline meanwhile caffeine breaks down body fat turning free fatty acids into fuel for the body to use in this heightened state. Activating the flight or fight response is what gives you that "I am awake!" feeling after a nice cup of coffee
- According to https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beverages/3898/2 ......One cup of coffee contains: riboflavin, pantothenic acid, calcium, folate, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and niacin. WOW LOOK AT ALL THOSE B VITAMINS!!!
- Coffee drinkers tend to have much lower risk of Type 2 Diabetes, certain cancers, Alzheimer disease, and Parkinson Disease (all which mount an inflammatory response in the body and or brain) check out this study>>>> https://www-sciencedirect-com.ezp.twu.edu/science/article/pii/S1756464616301414
- Ever heard of cirrhosis of the liver? well apparently coffee has been shown to reduce the risk of cirrhosis by 80%!!! https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16772246/
- Last but not least coffee has a variety of powerful antioxidants that aid in a variety of health benefits.
Enjoy Your Cup of Joe!!!
I recommend Ruta Maya 100% organic coffee (shade grown and whole bean) It can be found at your local HEB